History

The GASTRONOMIC HISTORY OF THE BECK FAMILY began in 1933 with the leasing of the community inn by the grandfather Matthias Beck and his wife Susanne. The son, Helmut, one of four children, together with his wife Hildegard, built the Birkenhof in 1969-1970. It was inaugurated in 1970. The Birkenhof has been steadily expanded since then and also since it was taken over by Barbara and Roland Beck in 1999, it has been developed from a guest house with 15 rooms into a hotel with 26 double rooms (of these, two are 100% barrier-free) and 4 tower suites. In addition, the Birkenhof has a wellness oasis with sauna including colour light therapy, steam bath, a magnificent garden, a children's playroom, a children's play area, several cosy rooms in the restaurant, an orangery flooded with light, a library, seminar rooms and a multifunction hall with the latest technology for celebrations!